Physical therapy helps children gain critical skills related to independent mobility and gross motor functioning. Through the use of handling techniques, sensory stimulation, play, and parent-child interaction, physical therapy helps children accomplish goals related to range of motion, muscle strength, posture, joint mobility, gait, and higher-level gross motor development.
The Following Are General Indicators That A Child May Benefit From A Physical Therapy Evaluation:
- Increased muscle stiffness and tightness
- Limitations in range of motion
- Delays in developmental milestones
- Muscle weakness
- Postural abnormalities/ asymmetries
- Poor balance skills
- Uncoordinated movements
- Difficulty in sports activities such as catching, throwing and kicking
- Delays in age-appropriate gross motor skills
If you have concerns regarding your child’s gross motor, fine motor, or sensory integration skills, contact us to schedule an evaluation.